Are you passionate about MATLAB? Do you enjoy sharing your passion with others? Do you enjoy working with customers? Do you enjoy solving technical and business challenges? If so, you may be a perfect fit for an Application Engineering role.
In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experience to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Oil & Gas, Energy, and Industrial Automation sector. You will collaborate with MathWorks teams across Sales, Marketing, and Development to build compelling technical examples. You will demonstrate how to use MATLAB, and MathWorks tools to design and develop algorithms and deploy systems.
Application Engineers can develop broad technical expertise across many MathWorks products, go deep into technology areas of interest, expand their industry knowledge, work on cross functional teams, and advance into leadership roles throughout the MathWorks.
This position is based in Plano, Texas. Travel can be expected up to about 30 - 40% generally throughout North America.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers’ methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer’s vision of success.
- Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Experience with (and enthusiasm for!) MATLAB is essential; experience with a broad set of MathWorks products is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings
- Excellent presentation skills (or a strong motivation to learn them)
- Highly motivated to work directly with customers to help them understand how MATLAB products are used to solve their engineering and business problems
- One or more of the following interests: Advanced Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Signal Processing, Dynamic System Modeling, or Control System Design
- Other programming languages, e.g. Python, R, Java, C/C++ or .NET
- Big data tools and technologies, e.g. Hadoop Distributed File System, Spark, SQL, JSON, etc.
- Distributed/parallel computing and/or GPUs for numerical computation
- Simulink, Stateflow, or other MathWorks tools