- Use CRM (SalesBook) for all aspects of the sales support process
- Timely and efficient completion of pre-sales evaluations:Gather specifications/samples, determine optimal hardware and software configuration, test/verify solution.
- Install trial systems to demonstrate to customers that Cognex equipment works as expected.
- Serve as Cognex product expert.Respond to technical questions from customers and salespeople.
- Support technical seminars and trade shows
- Provide product feedback to AE Manager and Business Units
- Perform on-site post-sales installation support and training as necessary
- Complement the Logistics Service group as a local installation resource
- Timely and accurate expense reporting and trip documentation
- Continuous improvement of competencies in Skills Matrix.
- Serve as mentor for new AE’s, helping them learn Cognex products and better perform essential AE functions
- The Senior AE is involved in higher-profile and more challenging sales opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sensitive to sales cycle and able to handle challenging customer situations.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and industrial automation systems.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MSWindows applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time –should be willing to travel on short notice.
Minimum education and work experience required:
- B.S. degree, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in related Sales Support functions.
- Knowledge of optics and lighting for machine vision is required.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and factory automation is required.
- .NET (C#) programming experience is desired.