- As part of the DoD HPCMP CREATE Meshing and Geometry Team, your mission will be develop and apply novel computational workflows utilizing geometry-based finite element modeling for a range of engineering analyses and design scenarios.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ablility to understand physics-based modeling requirements and work closely with the development team in order to offer computational solutions to the user community.
- Must be able to identify gaps and needed improvements in geometric modeling and mesh generation capabilities to realize needed workflows.
- MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics
- Solid background in mechanics and experience in one of more of the following domains: computational fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, fluid-structure interaction, structural acoustics, electromagnetics with application to radio-frequency antenna problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing and applying mesh generation algorithms to model large-scale, multi-disciplinary engineering simulations
- Understanding modern object oriented programming principles using C++ and/or Python
- Experience developing applications and tests using software development kits (SDK) and application programming interfaces (API)
- Ability to work in cross-platform environments (Linux, Windows and Mac)
Clearance Requirement: This position requires a Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation.