Omron Automation-Americas is looking for an energetic and focused Application Engineer in the Rochester, New York territory to support pre-sales activity. The key areas of focus are pre sales support of Omron product at customer locations, distributor product sales training, and highlight Omron's advantages over competitors through successful demonstration of the technology at customer or distributor location.
- Presales customer/ System Integrator meetings for higher complexity solutions (except initial discovery call).
- Post-sales support to include machine start up and troubleshooting
- Lead distributor technical training sessions.
- Responsible for self-development -- maintaining knowledge current on new technologies.
- Work to improve knowledge of distributor application engineers.
- Conduct customer training sessions at distributor location or at a neutral site (possibly for $$).
- Vision sample evaluation.
- Site survey and development of requirements for jobs.
- Development of BOM for higher end Automation projects.
- Training development for new products that corporate training has not developed yet.
- Emergency service for line down situations (billable to customer).
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from a four year college or technical school.
- Ten (10) to fifteen years (15) of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following products: Motion Control (Servos, Drives, Controllers and Motors), PLC/HMI (hardware, software and interfaces), Components (Sensors, Relays and Switches), Safety (Light Curtains, Controllers, Sensors and E-Stops), Machine Vision Systems, Auto ID (Barcode and RFID) and Robotics.
- Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills.
- Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.