Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Application Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Essential Duties And ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, the Application Engineer may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and work on special projects as needed.
- Maintain expert level of product and applications knowledge.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors.
- Respond to functional, technical, labor, and pricing elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Perform/product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts. Technical.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- No supervisory responsibilitiesrequired.
- Knowledge and understanding of the electrical requirements, alarm initiating devices, control functions, alarm indicating appliances and the power requirements of a Fire Alarm system.
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic applications of NFPA standards of Fire Alarm systems.
- Knowledge of methods and practices used to evaluate and interpret data and compile written reports in a narrative and/or statistical form.
- Advanced knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio), AutoCad, internet.
- Knowledge of network communications technology.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications, listening and presentation skills with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Constant use of discretion and problem analysis.
- Frequent use of judgment and independent action.
- High degree of professionalism in working with employees and customers.
- Ability to read schematic and/or construction plans is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents.
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical and electricalblueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to manage a varied and heavy workload and set priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to utilize computer continually throughout the workday.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, twist; use hands to handle, push, pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal Office Environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support timelines.
- Must have electronic security background (fire alarm, burglar alarm, CCTV, access control and etc...).
- Must have AutoCAD experience
- BA/BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar controls industry role.
- Experience 3–5 Years in Engineering
- Available for Travel up to 25%
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Application Programming Experience
As of April 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in the electronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you will see collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but please know: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while that happens, we are better together.