As a member of Lear's Innovation team, the General Technologist is a hybrid position focused on researching and evaluating new technologies for potential partnership/collaboration while staying engaged and active as a member of the development team.
Ideal candidates will have 5-10 years' product development experience.
- Work with cross function team to evaluate partnership, investment, and M&A opportunities
- Be the technical expert locally to meet with startups and weigh in on viability, value, and fit for Lear
- Collaborate with Business Units across Lear to help implement innovation projects
- Guide technical transition from innovation team to business units as needed
- Translate deep technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and management
Background & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Previous involvement in start-up initiatives highly preferred
- Demonstrable and robust portfolio of development work
- Proficient in C and C++ programming
- Fluency in Python frameworks and other scripting languages
- Application development for embedded platforms
- Ability to fluidly shift focus and priority as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness for travel, including international locations.
San Mateo, California, United States