$100K — $150K *
Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Communications Solutions Group, which is responsible for Keysight's portfolio in the Wireless Data Ecosystem, including wireless devices, operators, internet infrastructure, and Aerospace & Defense. Our software-centric solutions accelerate our customers' time to market and reduce their costs - giving them a competitive advantage in today's and tomorrow's technology waves.
Keysight is looking for an experienced Applications Engineer in the area of L1 and Protocol verification solutions for new 5G wireless communications standards. As a Applications Engineer based in the San Diego Area, working intimately with the product R&D team, you will have responsibility for providing technical support for our UXM based test equipment to strategic customers in San Diego. The applicant will be responsible for integration, validation and implementation of functional and performance test cases for 5G wireless communication standards. This will also include regular onsite visits to the customer labs. You will be part of the key customer support team dedicated to providing the highest level of pre-sales and post-sales support for our 5G test products.
More specifically, the applicant will be responsible for:
• Develop test scripts for protocol testing products Keysight is developing for 5G (5th Generation) wireless communications developed by the 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) standards body;
• Responsible for requirement gathering and mapping of new featured introduced in the ETSI quarterly release and prepare high level design document;
• Develop functional and performance test cases using Protocol R&D tool set of Protocol Conformance test set based of 3GPP NR Specifications 38.523-1 and 38.523-2;
• Responsible for new 3GPP 4G/5G L1, L2, L3 feature integration;
• Debug 3GPP 4G/5G protocol L1, L2, L3 issues, analyze logs and work with Keysight internal teams (e.g. R&D) to resolve issues;
• Develop test cases of ETSI TTCN quarterly release of 5G NR and LTE complex scenarios using scripting language TTCN2/TTCN3 and programming language C/C++ using Microsoft Visual studio;
• Develop tools and test automation framework;
• Test and Debug the full suite of Keysight products from the developer’s tool set to the conformance and Inter-operability products;
• Educate customer on using Keysight solutions in 5G NR;
• Analyze the Keysight customer needs and then build product requirements and communicate them to the product management and planning teams;
• Test and validate test scripts for carrier specific scenarios: Non-Stand Alone (LTE + NR) and Stand Alone (5G). Beamforming, Beam Switching, Carrier Aggregation Handovers;
• Providing technical support to Keysight customer and technical collaborations with device manufacturers or chipset vendors to resolve protocol implementation issues.
• Integrate Keysight products with beta version of 5G modem
• Report to Keysight Project Manager based in San Diego, CA.
• BS/MS in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree.
• 7-10+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications role
• Good working knowledge of 3GPP 4G/5G Access Stratum protocols (L1/L2/L3).
• Experience with 4G/5G mobile device testing and script development on test equipment’s.
• Familiar with testing wireless communications devices using base station emulation, fading emulator, spectrum/signal analyzers, signal sources and network analyzer.
• Close working experience with mobile chipset manufacturers or network operators is highly desirable
• 5G L1/L2/L3 protocol knowledge (desirable) in order to be successful in this role
• Proven experience creating and maintaining test tools with some of these programming languages: C#, Python, Java etc
• Proven ability to work in a team, gain alignment among teams, peers, partners, and management
• Proven ability to adapt to changing product requirements during development in response to an aggressive marketplace
• Experience working across teams and geographies
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• Effective presentation and problem-solving skills.
Position will be based in San Diego, CA
Valid through: 3/15/2021