Omron Automation-Americas is looking for an Application Engineer located in the Chicago,IL territory to support pre-sale and post-sale activity. The key areas of focus are pre sales support of Omron products at customer locations, post-sale support for existing applications, distributor product sales training, and to highlight Omron's advantages over competitors through successful demonstration of the technology at a customer or distributor location.
- Presales customer/ System Integrator meetings for higher complexity solutions (except initial discovery call).
- Post-sales support to include machine start up and troubleshooting
- Lead distributor technical training sessions.
- Responsible for self-development -- maintaining knowledge on current and new technologies.
- Work to improve knowledge of distributor application engineers.
- Conduct customer training sessions at distributor location or at a neutral site (possibly for $$).
- Vision application evaluation.
- Site survey and development of requirements for projects.
- Development of BOM for complex automation projects.
- Training development for new products that corporate training has not developed yet.
- Emergency service for line down situations (billable to customer).
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from a four year college or technical school.
- Five (5) or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following products: Motion Control (Servos, Drives, Controllers and Motors), PLC/HMI (hardware, software and interfaces), Components (Sensors, Relays and Switches), Safety (Light Curtains, Controllers, Sensors and E-Stops), Machine Vision Systems, Auto ID (Barcode and RFID) and Robotics.
- Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills.
- Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.