Summary of the Role
To support the engineering needs of Rawson/ICD customers specific to Automation applications and products we sell.
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Work directly with customers to provide pre- and post-sale applications support, with the main focus being to grow the Rawson/ICD business with them.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to develop BOM (Bill of Material), submittals, SOP (Sequence of Operation), and estimated engineering hours.
- Work with inside and field sales personnel to review application requirements for proper product selection.
- Program/ Configure single/multi-loop controllers and DDC systems.
- Go on sales calls with Rawson/ICD sales personnel.
- Establish and maintain relationship with Rawson/ICD vendors and their engineers/technical staffs.
- Maintain records of all programs and documentation pertaining to a customer or project in the Rawson/ICD system.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Work as required to meet customer deadlines and expectations.
- Seek other opportunities for ICD product lines while at customers’ sites and report back to sales.
- Provide weekly reports on time spent, billable versus non-billable.
- Ability to travel to customer locations for onsite commissioning activities.
Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, PDF, VPN, Networking.
- Effective communication (phone, face to face and presentation formats)
- Ability to work within a cross functional team is essential
- Detail oriented, independent thinking, self-starting, motivated
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Recognize schedule limitations and exhibit a willingness to meet critical deadlines
- Proficiency with AutoCAD including panel layouts, point to point wiring diagrams, and network layouts.
- Responsibilities include PLC Programming, HMI/SCADA Programming, System Design and Electrical Design
- Understanding of various programming languages
- Understanding of IT networking and various industry protocols
- Engineering/college degree or 5-years’ minimum job-related experience.
- Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree Preferred
- Computer or PLC programming experience required
- A valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle, and a clean driving record are required.
- Ability to travel in the RICD footprint up to 50%
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid time off