Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Responsible for the analysis, development, modification, installation, testing and maintenance of operating systems software. Evaluates vendor supplied software packages and makes recommendations to IT management. Modifies and/or debugs vendor-supplied utilities and packages. Modifies, installs and prepares technical documentation for system software applications. Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution. Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support. Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations. Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of an Application Engineer I.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with system design reviews and software testing.
- Provides input on simple and non-complex projects.
- Assists in administering activities related to data planning and development.
- Establishes policies and procedures pertaining to the development, management, security, maintenance and utilization of database platforms.
- Provides Database Administrators with support as needed
- Provides training assistance on using database platform, draft training materials, instruction manuals, etc.
- Programming methodologies
- Implements vendor packages and is responsible for support and deployment .
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and initiations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Evaluates system needs of financial services departments. Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts. Responsible for gathering, validating and documenting business requirements for technology processes or systems.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum RequirementsPreferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Additional InformationMinimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 5 years job specific work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Requires thorough understanding of application systems
- Possesses a strong understanding of systems programming, graphical user interfaces and control languages.
- Ability to analyze, develop and implement complex programming solutions
- Strong written/verbal communication skills