Application Engineer II
Title: Application Engineer II
Location: Northwest Indiana
The Application Engineer II – Bearings is responsible for performing or coordinating engineering tasks for assigned products and services. This includes designs to meet customerrequirements and/or specifications. This position has key focus on strong customer relationships, involvement in major programs and pursuit of new business. Position requires travel to end users, distributors, and OEMs.
This is a perfect opportunity for a Post-Graduate candidate with a BSME and previous Co-opExperience (or) a candidate with 1 – 3 years’ in mechanical power transmission design and/or manufacturingenvironment; bearing and gearbox experience.
- Support sales effort for products assigned, by making sales trips, writing, and presenting technical proposals and justifications to customers
- Review product designs to determine whether a standard product or modified standard design is required considering such factors as customer demands, ease, and economy of manufacturing, and established design guidelines, etc.
- Train company employees, customers and others in the product areas assigned.
- Provide technical support to customers or Company employees for products assigned
- Proactive engagement with customers to identify and develop new inquires to grow the business.
- Review or complete orders with the support of worldwide technical teams
- Review modifications to existing designs and for new designs in accordance with sound engineering principles, department standards, procedures, and practices
- Process orders and inquiries using established departmental procedures and practices
- Set up standard designs, practices and procedures for processing order and inquiries
- Investigate and solve technical problems arising in design, manufacturing, engineering, production or marketing of products assigned
- Perform failure analysis on products assigned
- Perform field engineering assignments for products assigned, involving installation, maintenance and problem solving
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BSEngineeringrequired; BSME strongly preferred.
- Post-Graduate with BSMEDegree and Co-opexperience (or) a candidate with 1 – 3 years in mechanical power transmission design and/or manufacturingenvironment; bearing and gearbox experience
- Product design or project procedures
- Mechanical power transmission (Desired)
- Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma a plus.
- Competent in Microsoft computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Very Competitive Salary
- Full Benefit: Medical – Dental – Vision – Life – Retirement
- Relocation Assistance – Compensation
- Vertical Career Growth Potential