Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a dedicated individual to join our team as an Application Engineer - Automation for our industrial computer products. As an SEL Application Engineer, you will be a product expert, supporting the product as well as providing tools and resources for training and teaching others how our products best serve the industry. This position ranges from customer service, assisting in product application, troubleshooting, and finding creative solutions. Candidates for this position should value Customer Focus and understand that the best way to learn is to teach! If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in power systems, automation, and all related SEL products.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 7 years' experience in power systems, industry practices, and automation
- Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)