The focus will be on developing solutions for Hybrid Plants. In addition to the focus area, they will support the Distributed Energy Systems team performing system analysis using PSS DE optimization software. This function is responsible for the timely and effective completion of assigned work load. Specific tasks include reviewing customer RFP’s, developing solution concepts around Siemens products, determining solution costs, quantifying project execution risks, attending plant walk downs or customer meetings, and developing actual proposal documents. Additionally, this function provides pre-order technical support to the Sales Team during the selling cycle of assigned proposals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering preferred, other engineering degrees will be considered.
- Minimum 8 years experience with electrical solutions such as, but not limited to, substation design, containerized electrical solutions, packaged inverters, LV and MV switchgear, MCCs, GSU and Aux Transformers, Protection Systems, Generators, ISO phase bus, generator breakers, UPS systems, bus ducts, panel boards, switchboards, VFDs, PLCs, Lithium Ion batteries, plant controls, SCADA and related equipment.
- Direct experience with application of utility scale energy storage systems.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants will have held specific technical functions such as field service engineer, project engineer, application engineer, etc. for an OEM company, EPC or A&E.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover
Requisition Number: 222141