The Application Engineer will continue development of a Python-based API for GE MAPS and GE MARS simulation execution, data processing, reporting and other duties as they arise.
As the Application Engineer, you will:
- Assist in developing software tools to help improve engineering application simulation performance
- Work closely with internal and external clients to understand functionality needs for the GE MAPS and GE MARS Python API
- Develop standard results reporting for internal and external clients
- Develop and extend existing visualization tools for displaying complex engineering results
- Educate internal software development and consulting teams as to best practices for application of the GE MAPS and GE MARS Python API
- Provide training and support to external GE MAPS and GE MARS Python API users
- Update and maintain GE MAPS and GE MARS Python API documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology / Management or related field (i.e., computer science, computer systems engineering, electronic media, engineering, physics, mathematics) from an accredited university or college
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time for customer visits and support calls, as needed
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Management or related field from an accredited university or college
- Experience as a member of a team developing data-driven applications in Python
- Experience with enterprise-scale software development as a member of a team in a modern object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java, Python)
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and modern software development methodologies (i.e., agile)
- Self-starter with the ability to initiate and lead projects through completion
- Strong communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Schenectady
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.