ECG is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Application Engineer to be the system owner for ECG’s Deltek Vision environment at a quickly expanding, forward-thinking management consulting firm. Deltek Vision is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for professional services firms. The goal is to further capitalize on the existing Vision ERP system, as well as implement new features and technologies. The ideal candidate is open to new challenges, exceptional at multitasking, and proficient at implementing new solutions. The position reports to the Chief Information Officer and may be based in any of our ECG offices, although preference will be given to candidates who can work out of our Seattle, San Diego, or Chicago office.
The role of Application Engineer includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer the Deltek Vision application and databases in the production and development environments, with a strong emphasis on the Resource Planning, Accounting, Time and Expense, and Billing modules.
- Research, test, and implement Deltek Vision support packs and version upgrades.
- Partner with various business units (e.g., finance and accounting, marketing, management consultants) to gather requirements related to ERP.
- Develop, configure, and maintain interfaces to exchange data between SQL databases, as well as cloud-based applications.
- Utilize SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Power Query, and PowerPivot to create and maintain custom reports.
- Provide advanced third-tier application support on Deltek Vision and related components.
- Utilize Deltek Consulting, as well as other third-party Deltek Vision consultants, to accelerate software upgrades, implement additional modules, and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Perform root-cause analysis and recommend solutions to minimize problem reoccurrence.
- Create and maintain application support documentation, as well as operating procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and related tools.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, including attending training and technical conferences, taking part in professional organizations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science, information systems, or similar. Six years of related work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Three or more years of progressive ERP application engineer experience in an enterprise environment; experience with Deltek Vision a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and SSRS; PowerBI, Power Query, or Power Pivot knowledge a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Conceptual understanding and/or experience with application security; HIPAA exposure a plus.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Good project management skills.
- Availability to work the occasional weekend and/or evenings for planned implementations.
- Ability to travel of 10%.