CyberData is looking to hire an Application Engineer with excellent customer service skills to work as a member of a team supporting the US Army Data Center Consolidation Plan (ADCCP). The application engineer will serve as part of a team assisting in the migration of Army applications to DOD approved enterprise hosting facilities by conducting preliminary assessments and advising application owners throughout the migration process. The candidate will be required to become familiar with the characteristics of a variety of DOD and commercial hosting environments and be able to perform an engineering analysis to determine the optimal hosting environment in consideration of the system/application’s functional requirements.
Job duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct design and analysis applying a multi-disciplinary approach to deliver next-generation technology and services to cloud platforms.
- Effectively apply relevant knowledge and experience to provide both technical and operational support to new and existing cloud implementation efforts.
- Convey technical and operational considerations orally and in written formats (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint) at various levels of understanding
- Deliver support to both new design and implementation efforts as well as existing, deployed cloud infrastructures and services
- Documentation deliverables shall include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs), various reports and findings documents, workflow models and process documents, illustrative logical and physical network design documents; and business-related diagrams.
- Directly assist the team with any/all requirements, to include the following:
- Documentation creation and updates
- Attend required meetings and take meeting minutes
- Produce meeting agendas, minutes, and executive summaries as applicable
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
5+ years professional experience desired in the following skills:
- Experience in infrastructure and cloud engineering and operations;
- Ability to work under stressful and demanding deadlines and the ability to visually represent concepts and ideas for senior leadership;
- Hands-on experience with at least one cloud orchestration platform (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, CloudStack);
- Function productively in a collaborative team environment; Capable of managing and coordinating individual workloads while simultaneously supporting multiple migration efforts.
3+ years professional experience desired in the following skills:
- Strong background in DoD/Army computing environments and application security requirements;
- Experience with all architectural aspects of enterprise applications, most specifically multi-tier web applications;
- Experience with virtualization strategies to include application development within the commercial cloud environment;
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team consisting of business leads, system engineers and Information Assurance engineers;
- Knowledge of interpreted and compiled computer programming languages such as Java, C, Objective C, C++, C Sharp, SQL, Tcl, Perl, PHP and Python. Assembly, CUDA, GPU language experience desirable;
- Developing/configuring/reengineering enterprise applications; experience with .NET, JAVA, PHP, COLDFUSION, and/or ServiceNow;
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux and Windows), kernel, hardware abstraction layer, APIs, memory management, security protections;
- Participating in a team performing cloud service design and delivery functions.
- 2+ years of experience with DoD terminology and Army organizational structure- 2+ years professional experience desired;
- 2+ years of client facing interaction with internal and external customers;
- Ability to conduct trend analysis of the current system/application population and evaluate demands for additional migration services;
- Familiarity with LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, and Domain Controller implementation strategies;
- Experience with large scale infrastructure management tools such as: Puppet, Chef, SMS, Satellite, etc.