- Provide hardware and software technical guidance and information to our customers in support of their workstation and server graphics and compute projects
- Reproduce, debug and resolve hardware / software technical issues in customer designs that use AMD products
- Assist development teams to root cause hardware / software technical issues and help to drive them to closure in a timely manner during the entire product lifecycle (i.e. from initial hardware bring-up through product end-of-life)
- Own the AMD/customer technical relationships and the day to day technical requirements of ongoing customer projects
- Provide hardware / software technical guidance to internal technical and business teams based on customer feedback
- Inform customers on future products and technologies
- Capture and interpret system bus traces using a logic analyzer
- Set up systems and hosts for remote debug
- Set up hardware for analysis using a JTAG interface.
- Provide electrical analysis using diagnostic equipment
- Build graphics drivers and video bios using our build system
- Qualify and assess new software functionality
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent; Master of Engineering degree is highly desirable
- 7+ years experience in a similar application engineering / customer support technical role
- Strong Linux knowledge, setup, usage, debug
- Demonstrated knowledge of VDI environment, such as hypervisor vendors (VMWare, Citrix, KVM, Microsoft, etc.) and virtual machine setup and management
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC operating systems (Windows, Windows Server, Linux), PC drivers, and firmware BIOS/GOP
- Strong knowledge of server architecture and functionality, including server remote management.
- Strong knowledge and experience with workstation graphics software and hardware.
- Strong hardware / software debug, problem solving, and analysis skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with internal and external engineering experts (and non-experts) to develop practical solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, organized, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast moving environment.
- Motivated to provide highly responsive support as needed and to work independently.
This team is essential to the success of AMD as a growing company. It is a very exciting environment where you will be working with the very best in our technology, while working on some of the most exciting projects the industry has to offer.
Requisition Number: 62462