As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking an Application Engineer (Custom Solutions), FULL-TIME to join our team in Jacksonville, Florida.
At Nemours, each Associate plays a vital role in supporting the delivery of world-class pediatric care to the children we serve. The team based at our home office in Jacksonville, Fla. provides essential administrative, financial and technical support toNemours operations across all locations.
The primary responsibility of the Software Engineer is to develop and implement applications that support the business and clinical needs of the organization. The position will follow approved process of the Software Development Life Cycle (requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation).
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements for the applications.
- Write and execute automated tests including unit-tests.
- Follow approved Software Development Life Cycle and development standards.
- Contribute to architectural design.
- Participate in code review process.
- Develop software documentation.
- Assist the team move toward a TDD (test driven development) process.
- Develops estimates for project tasks.
- Assist in training end users.
- Report project status to supervisor.
- Stay current on new technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with the entire team and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Provide on-call off hours support daily or on weekends as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both technical and professional capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Experience working in a project-based application development environment – inclusive of PM and SDLC methodologies along with technical expertise in Java, Front-end technologies, Content Management Systems, Database Schema design and SQL, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and Web application servers.