Application Engineer - Corporate Application Services
Thrivent is currently seeking an Application Engineer to support the Finance and Supply Chain divisions. The Application Engineer isresponsible for building, testing, implementing and maintaining individual software applications to meet business needs. The work of the Application Engineer involves planning, analysis, design, developing/coding, testing, implementation and maintenance. The Application Engineer is focused on individual application components or subsystems within the scope of larger application systems, working under the directionexperienced Application Engineers. The Application Engineer provides thought leadership to small-to-mid sized projects and may mentor lessexperienced staff.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work independently under the direction of a more senior staff member or manager.
- Demonstrate deep expertise within assigned assets, information domains, technologies & platforms.
- Provide thought leadership on small-to-medium sized efforts.
- Solves a range of problems using existing process and solutions.
- Understand and apply standard operating procedures and standards to implement and maintain assigned assets, technology or platform.
- Successfully deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
- Mitigate risk within assigned assets, technologies or platforms.
- Communicate within IT and with assigned business area to drive successful execution and maintenance of solutions.
- Mentor junior staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field.
- Typically 3 or more years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated leadership on small-mid scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
PeopleSoft Experience a plus.
SQL/SQR experience a plus.