Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms. We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and Partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2016, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech appreciates this recognition of our efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #6 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2016.
• Provide product sustaining engineering support to direct sales, channel partners and customers.
• Assist business development and sales team in creating customer specific solutions. This includes (but not limited to) pre-sales and post-sales technical assessments, feasibility testing, technical response to customer bids, RMA verification and on-site technical training.
• Develop test plans, capture and analyze data, write technical reports.
• Work with multiple teams across different locations to lead technical discussions, and gather critical information to respond to customer SCAR/NCR/8D reports.
• Interface directly with customer engineers to answer day to day questions.
• Work closely with R&D, Product Management and Quality teams as necessary to resolve any technical issues that arise from the field.
• Construct hardware and software demonstration prototypes to aid sales and marketing efforts. This includes rapid hardware
Years of Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field is required.
• Background in Electrical Engineering/Application Engineering/Quality Engineering is preferred.
• Experience in hardware design or technical support in PC or related field is preferred.
• Experience in x86 and/or RISC-based system architecture is a big plus.
• Experience analyzing failure/RMA data for trending.
• Experience generating 8D or failure analysis reports.
• EMC test and methodology knowledge is a big plus.
• Able to use a multi-meter and oscilloscope along with schematics in troubleshooting hardware problems.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, self-starter, and a team player.
• Fluent English is a must.
• Periodic travel is required.