The Lead application development manager is responsible for overseeing multiple application development teams and the development of software to enable the customer service organization of PayPal
The Lead application development manager is responsible for overseeing multiple application development teams and the development of software to enable the customer service organization of PayPal. Application development includes the complete software development life cycle taking the software application from inception to deployment. This is inclusive of design/architecture, configuration data, security, resource monitoring, and the development of reporting on the health and maintenance of these systems. Additionally, this position will make recommendations, perform analysis, and provide support for third party applications.
• Provide oversight and direction for multiple application development teams
• Develop a teammate-focused, technologically diverse, and productive team to support the company's enterprise applications.
Build strong, genuine, collaborative and long-lasting relationships with technology and business partners
• Provide strategy to the team, including being conversant with the future direction of applications, how that direction will impact the team and company, ability to explain how future and current applications can be exploited for the benefit of the company. Provide recommendations for short and long-term planning and strategy related to the overall application development direction.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship across the company; maintain a high degree of customer service across all verticals of the company. Work closely with business areas to ensure alignment on feature releases and areas of improvement in our applications.
• Interact with vendors regarding the acquisition and maintenance of products. Provide guidance when evaluating third party applications in terms of application fit, design, stability, integration, and cost.
• Manage the teams in a manner that enables growth and success through feedback, training, and encouragement. Establish performance expectations for all engineers and provide regular feedback and performance reviews toensure that engineers understand how their job duties support the company's mission and have the righttools/resources to do their jobs well.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.