The Application Delivery Services organization of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Omaha Branch is seeking a Technology Manager to support our growing technology presence in Omaha. The successful candidate will lead a team and directly manage employees supporting and delivering technology solutions, in accordance with the Bank’s strategic plan. Identifies, initiates, and influences changes to performance and productivity targets, and department initiatives. Attracts, develops, motivates, and evaluates performance of staff. Actively engages with customer and manages relationships. Implements and at times establishes technology strategy and vision. Demonstrates leadership skills that exemplify the Bank’s values.
- Develops tactical plan and ensures all department responsibilities including goals and objectives, budget targets, and performance metrics are met.
- Ensures staff understand, and remain focused on, goals and objectives.
- Prioritizes workflow of staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources and completion of work, develops standards and policies, and reviews written reports, papers, and correspondence for accuracy, consistency, style, and clarity.
- Leads project work of varying complexity and priority.
- Actively participates in, or leads, workgroups and meetings at the department, Bank, or System level.
- Interacts with department and Bank management throughout the System to resolve escalated issues and/or provide recommendations related to business, technical, budgetary concerns.
- Demonstrates support for, and ensures compliance with, Bank and System policies and procedures.
- Identifies risks in the activities of the department and leads technical and operational improvements to minimize risks.
- Conducts and may lead workforce planning for the department.
- Recognizes the full potential of employees and provides them with needed resources, experiences, and other support.
- Effectively delegates assignments to provide reasonable challenge and developmental opportunities for staff to strengthen depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Serves as a resource for staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Facilitates delegated assignments by defining parameters, balancing business priorities with individual workloads, and removing barriers.
- Attracts, motivates, and retains strong performers.
- Reviews resumes, conducts interviews, and selects hires based on evaluation of candidate fit.
- Provides timely and effective coaching and feedback on staff performance and development issues.
- Recommends salary increases, promotions, variable pay awards, and disciplinary actions including terminations of employment.
- Approves personnel actions such as transfers and progressive counseling.
- Identifies and understands broad, complex issues at the Bank or System level and determines their impact.
- Confronts problems decisively, taking timely and appropriate actions. Involves others in decisions when appropriate to take advantage of their talents and skills.
- Makes sound and difficult decisions that benefit the Bank even when in conflict with own views.
- Seeks and supports new ideas or innovative approaches to department work processes, while considering the Bank’s existing culture.
- Questions assumptions and conventional thinking and practice to continuously improve processes.
- Encourages and rewards creativity and diversity of thought.
- Celebrates successes and acts to positively influence the Bank’s culture.
- Fosters and supports a positive work environment.
- Addresses interpersonal conflicts and supports others in addressing issues.
- Represents the Bank’s official position to outside parties including member bank’s management and Board of Directors, other Reserve Banks, vendors, contractors, consultants, other industry professionals, and/or the public.
- Stays abreast of latest IT technologies, applications, and industry standards by reviewing periodicals, attending seminars, and maintaining contact with local vendors.
- And of course, performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in field related to department functions or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires six or more years of progressive work experience and responsibility in programming / application development, and at least four years of relevant technical leadership experience delivering products for customers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished project management skills, to include organization, planning, and execution.
- Good strategic vision and focus.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate in an articulate manner to a wide range of audiences.
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment; motivate and work through others to accomplish tasks; and deal honestly and directly with others.
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience and expertise in key technology disciplines used within the Federal Reserve System.