$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with product owners to plan and execute mission critical applications and roadmap. Ensure product, technical specifications and resources are available to team members.
• Collaborate with product management in defining product vision that meets current and future customer needs and markets. Architect and develop a state-of-the-art technology development platform to support product management and company vision.
• Works closely with technical operations team to ensure network and operating systems will support applications architecture while ensuring scalability and growth.
• Is responsible for all application systems which require significant or complex custom programming logic to be operational (development, testing, QA).
• Evolve legacy applications and architecture as appropriate; plan and execute a continuous process improvement strategy to reduce rework, bugs and waste.
• Provide leadership and guidance through coaching, motivation and creativity to foster a positive work environment for personal growth that is fun, dynamic and productive for a team size of 7 (4 developers, 2 database developers, 1 business analyst).
• Develop applications with agile methodologies and proven RAD techniques.
• Develop and maintain leading edge expertise in open source technologies and solutions.
• Demonstrate above average, industry leading expertise in applications architecture, design and development with an in-depth concentration using LAMP technology stack.
• Manages application systems analysis, programming activities, documentation and release notes through product management handoff.
• Reviews all application systems development project requests and coordinates schedules and related departmental activity.
• Approves and coordinates new systems and existing system enhancements with product managers.
• Assigns personnel to various projects, prioritize and direct their activities.
• Reviews and evaluates work of staff and prepares performance reports.
• Directs and implements the necessary controls and procedures to cost-effectively protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
• Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
• Prepares status reports to management; monitors project hours and tracking.
Required Technical Skills:
• Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Java Script/jQuery, MemCached, msSQL, DB2, Apache Solar, API, SOAP, REST
• Superior Communication and Time Management skills
Other relevant experience/skills:
• JAVA, .NET, SQL, ORACLE, C, C++
Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI):
• In the course of managing Dominion Diagnostics' medical practice's information, IT resources may access information needed to configure security features of computer hardware and software.
• Staff members are authorized to access PHI for system automation, maintenance, housekeeping, claims submission and report development.
• IT staff members are required to complete security and privacy training. Also required to review the limitations on their access to information and information resources.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18