- Job ID: 17077817
The job opening is for an Applications Development Group Manager for development and implementation of strategic management reporting capabilities to address number of key BCBS & Part 30 regulatory mandate. The role requires leading the technical design, development, modification, and implementation of complex reporting and database applications using existing and emerging technology platforms with responsibility for overall delivery of software applications.
- Develop applications using their experience in building enterprise business intelligence application development using MicroStrategy, any relational database tools
- Provide advanced expertise to support the design, coding, testing, implementation, and debugging of programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Manage business/client relationships with senior business leaders associated with these projects; build and sustain strong relationships with these client groups.
- Work with the development teams and the Application and Domain architects in design and product selection.
- Ensure we have buy-in from all the stakeholders and track issues and manage project risks.
- Perform application testing and validation, programming, and documentation.
- Document design decisions, adhering to existing process guidelines, develop software components, and mentor junior developers.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor implementation process.
- Own change management process for assigned configuration items.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Accountable for delivery of the application through SIT, UAT and Production.
- Work with the development and testing teams in exercising the full functionality of the application and ensuring the application performs as per the specifications.
- Define deployment strategy for managing multiple releases.
- Cultivate and grow your staff to maximize their potential.
- Provide performance feedback and training opportunities for all employees on your team.
- Manage multiple vendors both onsite as well as offshore to deliver milestones, projects and programs on time and within budget.