Overview and Summary
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through scienceâ€”and weâ€™ve been doing this since 1977.
The Application Development Associate is responsible for software design and implementation, which includes developing and testing features for future applications and supporting existing applications.Â These teams provide state-of-the-art proprietary solutions to our global clients utilizing cutting-edge technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and test new functionality, with general supervision regarding methodology and approach.
- Work in a team environment to create and verify web applications, interfaces, and web services that meet and exceed customerâ€™s needs and expectations.
- Develop databases in support of application development, including; modification and creation of queries and integration.
- Provide estimates for release planning, participate in solution design, code reviews, and evaluation of the functionality against the clientâ€™s needs (user stories).
- Develop unit and automated tests for validating functionality and data.
- Execute tests in support of test plans.
- Provide support to internal clients currently utilizing software applications, including assisting with system set up and development.
- Support and continuously improve iterative software development processes and procedures.
- Work towards target deadlines that are in accordance with the releasedates.
Qualifications - Education and Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES Â
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required.
Preferred familiarity with, or desire and ability to learn:
Languages such as C#, MVC5, ASP.NET, WCF, and SQL;
Relational and dimensional database design methodologies and/or unstructured data solutions;
Tools such as Visual Studio (VS), Team Foundation Server (TFS);
Web service technology;
Unit, integration, and exploratory testing.
- Requires ability to:
- Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.Â
- Analyze requirements to determine how applications function in order to build effective designs and tests.
- Learn and follow Urban Scienceâ€™s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and/or customers. Work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
- Develop business awareness and understanding of the business requirements of IT.
- Behave in a trustworthy and transparent manner.
- Monitor and check work deliverables ensuring high quality, accuracy and having a strong attention to detail.
- Compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels.
- Communicate ideas, facts and data in writing.
- Prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate experience with software development and testing methodologies, in an internship, collegiate, or Capstone project.
- Must have Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution, or equivalent experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.