Job Summary: Responsible for working on a production support team as a Senior Application Developer in a role supporting a variety of custom and commercial off the shelf based web applications in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Will work on a team supporting over 30 applications in various stages of their lifecycle with high customer support level expectations. Those successful in the role have a varied background and can perform support taking into consideration desktop, server, network, security and user considerations (as well as everything in between).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills.
- Maintain domain expertise on systems supported, and participate in day-to-day operations of the systems.
- Monitoring, ticket triaging and completion, issue analysis and resolution.
- Establish, maintain and follow necessary processes and procedures for operational support of designated applications.
- Remove obstacles and barriers to allow team self to complete tasks and escalate appropriately.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility and experience working as Individual Contributor and as member of a Team
- Closely collaborates with both production support and development team members to successfully manage day to day support of applications under the team’s purview.
- Assists in managing the production support of the various application’s User Interface, backend data and all associated reports and database jobs.
- Participates and sometimes leads efforts to find efficiencies and improve day to day proactive monitoring of applications and associated processes.
- Works as a level 2 and sometimes as a level 3 resource interacting not only with the various areas of IT, but at times also with end users as well.
- Helps manage escalated outages owning the technical aspect from end to end as a technical lead with the support of a Manager
- Designs fit-for-purpose products to ensure products align to the customer's strategic plans and technology road maps
- Helps discover and shares system structure, constraints and deficiencies with products supported.
- Shares knowledge and experience to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
- Participates in the deployment, change, configuration, management, administration and maintenance of deployment process and systems
- Focuses on customer satisfaction
- Gather requirements, designs, constructs and delivers solutions
- Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
- Must be able to adapt to various SDLC styles and approaches.
- In-depth knowledge of and real world experience with the MS stack (C#, ASP.Net MVC, SQL, SSIS, etc.) required
- Some experience with TDD, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Web API, HTTP 2, and Git preferred
- 4+ years of engineering, delivering and supporting production software products required
- 2+ years working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming required.
- Strong focus on delivering superior customer service required
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving abilities required
- Ability to both build and support software through multiple languages and tools required
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to work with staff and business required
- Willingness to learn our business domain required
- General understanding of Healthcare industry
- General knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid industries
- Experience working in a waterfall and agile environment
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.