Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Ability to work across a range methodologies, waterfall and agile variations
• Ability to partner closely with key business stakeholders.
• A mix of production support and development work.
• Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements.
• Recognize and understand use of design patterns for intermediate/complex applications.
• Apply reusability and future state architecture and framework.
• Participates and provides feedback in design reviews.
• Develop code for intermediate to complex modules, following documentation and development standards.
• Create enhanced technical documentation and implement changes.
• Conduct timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability.
• Review and critique other team members' code.
• Create accurate test plans, conditions, and data.
• Participate in testing reviews.
• Conduct basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards.
• Track and resolve moderate defects.
• Provide technical assistance.
• Analyze and resolve moderate to complex problems.
• Execute change management activities supporting production deployments for projects and other changes
• Minimum of 1 years full SDLC experience (analysis, design, build, stabilization, deployment); and
• Minimum of 1 years .Net and C# experience;
• Experience with Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, iMacros or other RPA technology preferred;
• Visual Studio 2012 / 2015, IIS 7, Windows Server; and
• Development using Oracle/MS-SQL databases; and
• Awareness of ITIL; and
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels; and
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks independently; and
• Ability to effectively work with a globally distributed cross-functional team