At VU, we help Veterans buy homes. To make that happen we are hiring Web Application Developers. Web Application Developers collaborate with Product Owners and other Software Developers in an XP/Agile environment, in order to satisfy our internal and external customers through early, frequent, and continuous delivery of simple high-quality and high value software.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Test-Drive high-quality, self-documenting code using Pair Programming Practices, Agile Principles, Clean Code Techniques, SOLID and other software design principles.
- Refactor older code as you work on it to reduce the Team’s overall value capacity backlog.
- Create intuitive user interfaces through front- and back-end design.
- Create and maintain minimal documentation.
We’re looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
We’ll also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Strong OOP design and coding skills.
- Experienced in full-stack development.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for face-to-face over written communication.
- Excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Familiarity/experience working in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development environments.
- Experience with XP practices, particularly Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in software delivery, ideally in our native tech stack:
- Familiarity with SOAP and/or REST