The Hartford's Investment Management (HIMCO) IT Organization is seeking an Application Developer located at our headquarters in in Hartford, CT. In this role, you will work closely with Technology and Investment professionals to develop solutions and deliver key capabilities to the business. With an understanding of object oriented design, the developer in this role will work on a wide variety of systems initiatives that include supporting interactive and batch systems. Many of these systems will be used by Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Analysts to make Investment and Financial management decisions. This is an opportunity for an individual with a passion for understanding business problems and developing creative solutions on business critical systems.
- Work in a fast paced environment driving business outcomes that align with stakeholder's needs
- Perform hands-on application development and maintenance using SQL, Unix and Oracle technologies
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact production and/or integrity of the application environment
- Manage smaller technical currency upgrade initiatives
- SQL, .NET, UNIX & Shell scripting
- Database technologies such as Oracle & SQL Server
- SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Business Objects
- Source Code version tools such as Github, Subversion
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of applicable work experience with development and maintenance of systems using SQL databases and Windows server platforms.
- Motivated, results-oriented individual with demonstrated passion for learning and applying technology solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to communicate with business users in non-technical terms and communicate the impacts of system changes to business partners.
- Analytical approach with a strong ability to uncover and resolve problems and deliver innovative approaches and solutions.
- Experience in a Financial or Investment environment a plus; Project Management skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Disability/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or Expression/ Religion/ Age