At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Salesforce Application Developer Senior within PNC's Retail Sales & Service organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with large, complex deployments of Salesforce.com
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and Sales Cloud
- Siebel experience is also preferred but not required
- Professional IT/Engineering experience with demonstrated development and design experience
- Strong understanding of Platform declarative capabilities and knowing when to extend with customization
- Knowledge on external system Integrations using web services (REST and SOAP)
- Ability to multitask and deliver results
- Ability to understand requirements documents and translate into configuration
- Solid understanding of key SFDC architectural concepts (e.g., API and governor limits)
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse & GIT
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing
- Provides information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Designs and codes application programs; performs testing for developed applications .
- Conducts analyses of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems .
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system .
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions .
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Packaged Application Integration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Design, Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Maintenance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
System Development Life Cycle - Working Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Technical Troubleshooting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.