What you’ll do:
The Application Developer provides technology solutions and supports major initiatives as assigned by Applications and Development management.
- Use object-oriented programming languages and other development tools to develop, maintain and support Sheetz Supply Chain application solutions.
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Low-code development platforms
- Initial and escalation resource for application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
- Provide technical advice to less experienced discipline personnel.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of one or more application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
- Create and tune SQL queries as part of the application development process.
- Create technical documentation for application development projects as defined by the Sheetz Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
- Stay up to date on the production technology solutions by attending related training and conferences as approved by management.
- Provide development solutions using Sheetz approved development tools.
- Provide evening and weekend “on call/issue” support as needed. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require support at any time.
- Comply with the Sheetz adopted agile and secure coding development methodologies. Refer to the Sheetz Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
Experience you’ll bring:
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another field of study which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is preferred.
- 3 years of applicable experience in an application development environment.
- Experience with supply chain applications and processes such as: warehouse management systems, order management systems and transportation management systems
- Experienced at writing efficient and well-tuned SQL queries
- Experience with both Oracle and MS SQL development.