Selective is seeking someone who develops procedures for the solution of well-defined routine business problems with a high level of reliability, execution and speed. Converts these procedures into applications and programs required for computer solutions. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Meet with business unit representatives to define and evaluate routine business automation needs. Interpret business specifications to prepare for analysis/design functions.
- Participate in systems analysis, general systems design, and detail systems design.
- Generate, test, and document program code. Debug and resolve problems of moderate difficulty.
- Modify existing applications programs or writes new programs of basic to moderate complexity and scope, working with applications systems designs and specifications and utilizing standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Research and resolve problems in the production environment.
- Assist higher-level programmers in the development of complex programs.
- Assist others with debugging whenever necessary.
- Responsible to acquire training, as needed, and will learn user functions, organization, and role in the enterprise to the extent required.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Passion for designing and developing modern web solutions
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience developing/supporting enterprise web applications including an understanding of ASP.net lifecycles, SOA, RDBMS and IIS
- Strong development skills including c# and/or VB.net, MVC, client frameworks (JQuery, Knockout, etc.), SQL Server and/or Oracle, web services (WCF, JSON, REST, Web API), entity framework, SSRS, Webspere MQ.
- Understanding of various application and integration design patterns.
- Understanding of various application security models, cryptogrophy, and secure coding practices.
- Experience with business rules engine and/or customer communication management (CCM) platforms a plus.
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of programmer/analyst experience.