We are looking for ?Application Developer with Java / Python / AppEngine? for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: ?Application Developer with Java / Python / AppEngine?
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- As an Application Engineer, you will play a major role in developing, deploying and supporting ?Client??s internal business applications and system integrations.
- You will be an application engineer, tasked with solving various problems over time.
- When the situation calls for it, you?ll be part of a team that implements vendor sourced enterprise software, configuring that software, customizing it, and integrating with other internal systems.
- Other times, you?ll be primarily tasked with creating custom-built software.
- Develop and deploy applications that support and change fundamental assumptions of how IT works.
- Design, build, and support applications and system integrations using a various technologies and platforms such as Java, SQL, Python, AppEngine, Cloud SQL, Spanner etc
- Partner withinternal teams to define and implement solutions that improve internal business processes.
- Work closely with analysts to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Build internal solutions, with custom front-ends (web, mobile) and back-end services that automate business processes. Maintain highest levels of development practices including technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code.
- Integrate third party products into internal systems as well as support and upgrade implemented systems
- Transfer knowledge of the solution to a support team and ?client's? development team.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5years of hands-on experience in ??application and system integration implementation
- ??5years of programming experience in Java,SQL, Python, AppEngine, Cloud SQL, Spanner, etc
- Experience with Unix/Linux. Scriptingexperience with Linux Shell, Python.
- Strong relational database modeling (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience implementing, configuring, customizing and integrating 3rd-party software solutions
- Experience designing and developing internal business applications including front-end and backend
- Participation in several full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build test, implement, support).
- Solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies.
- Development experience in time tracking (Kronos), or sales compensation application (Callidus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.
- Experiencedesigning, building, and supporting data integrations that involve highly sensitive financial data
- Good understanding of protocols (e.g. SFTP, HTTPS, SOAP) and system integration methods (e.g. Web Service, REST service)