At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer within PNC's ACFR organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pa.
The Regulatory Reporting Capital Markets technical team within the ACFR organization is actively searching for a skilled and energetic application developer to work on our fast paced Regulatory Reporting development team supporting the Capital Markets Line of Business. Our team provides exceptional customer service to our corporate business partners and helps them achieve efficient and accurate regulatory filings of their required financial schedules based on PNC’s standard as a large Bank. Developers on our team are involved in all phases of the SDLC and the team is incorporating some agile components to our development cycles. Developers on the team enjoy face to face contact with business users and utilize a variety of challenging technical skills.
The successful candidate should possess a solid understanding and on the job use of Oracle database development and tuning principles, including PL/SQL. The candidate should ideally have some experience in configuring and integrating custom code into a third party vendor software and testing through the SDLC. Other areas of knowledge that is essential to this job is understanding the principles of an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and the accompanying data feed (ETL), OBIEE reporting and dashboards, software deployments, HP ALM process, Unix shell scripting, Change management principles, and application security.
The candidate should feel comfortable and have experience working with a large and diverse team of professionals across several locations, working and communicating as one team, and supporting and coding these complex financial reporting schedules in a changing environment.
- Assists in developing, testing and implementing application systems.
- Provides detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple application programs .
- Participates in developing, coding and testing computer programs for relatively straightforward or small projects .
- Assists in preparing technical and procedural documentation required in application system development .
- Provides solutions for programming system operations, including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs .
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Application Design, Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Working Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
System Development Life Cycle - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Maintenance - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
Application Testing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Technical Troubleshooting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Software skills required: Database (Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, performance tuning, data analysis and reporting); ETL (Informatica); Programming (Unix Shell Scripting with Java or Python or C, C++), Scheduling (CA7), DevOps tools (GIT, Jenkins, uDeploy)
Preferred but not required - Familiarity with other tools such as - BI Tools (OBIEE), AxiomSL, Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (Reveleus)
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.