Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer within PNC's Staff Services Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Columbus, OH and Cleveland, OH.
This position will be part of a high performing team in a very fast pace environment. The Application Developer as a member of the Production Control Team of the Staff Services Technology Run The Bank. This team is responsible for the migration of other developer’s code, data updates and configuration changes across all SST Run The Bank Applications. The role includes mastery of migration tools such as STAT, GIT and uDeploy etc. Technical support of migration tools as well as the setting and adherence to department policy and procedures. Supporting other department activities to include database refreshing, RnD, UAT and QA issue resolution as well as responses to audit and governance requests. Ability to drive issues and small work efforts. This position will report to the HR Run The Bank Application Support Manager and will require production migration support on weekends and evenings.
Quest – STAT
Excellent issue resolution
PA - Pittsburgh
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
- Assists in developing, testing and implementing application systems.
- Provides detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple application programs .
- Participates in developing, coding and testing computer programs for relatively straightforward or small projects .
- Assists in preparing technical and procedural documentation required in application system development .
- Provides solutions for programming system operations, including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs .
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Application Design, Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Working Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
System Development Life Cycle - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Maintenance - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
Application Testing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Technical Troubleshooting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Quest – STAT
Excellent issue resolution
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.