Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Technical Developer to join our team! As an Oracle EBS Developer you will assist in the design and development of software solutions to address gaps in core Oracle e-Business Suite capabilities. This could include possible use of tools and utilities such as PL/SQL, UNIX, Java/OAF and Workflow. Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of software specifications provided by Business Systems Analyst and translate them into technical solutions.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve defects to application problems.
- Provide consultation on the capabilities of application technology to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Assist in the design and development of software solutions as per specifications.
- Develop and execute unit test plans to ensure quality of software being released for integration and user testing.
- Help develop a technical transition plan ensuring a smooth transition of solutions to production.
- Learn and adopt design and coding standards.
- Keep client, peers and managers informed on the status of issues.
- Prepare time and effort estimates for assigned projects and tasks.
- Given the tasks and scope of a project, successfully complete and document the project within the specified time frame.
- Plan, document, assign and implement production transition tasks to ensure a smooth deployment into our production environment.
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience working with complex enterprise applications, preferably in an ERP environment such as Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/12 or Peoplesoft.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical information.
- Experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle following best practice methodologies, preferably Rational Unified Process.
- Experience working with one or more of the following application technologies, tools and frameworks: APEX, OAF, Oracle Workflow, JDeveloper, BPEL, SOA, and Web Services.
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience developing solutions using Java, SQL, and PL/SQL.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities maybe assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on our collective talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best!