Under supervision of a senior developer/manager, provides designs and specifies information systems solutions to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Participates in evaluation of client requirements and processes, develops and prepares application environments which may involve standard to diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in day to day support activities and special projects.
- Complete basic to intermediate complexity systems analysis, design and development.
- Play a support role as an individual contributor on projects.
- Assist the client in addressing problems/issues in a diverse scope.
- Determine feasible solutions and make recommendations.
- Participate with other development, operations and Technology staff, as appropriate, in overall system and integrated testing on generally small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects.
- Prepare test data and execute detailed test plans.
- Participate in any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand interrelationships and effects among programs and interfacing applications.
- Use available resources to develop clear and complete technical and functional specifications for generally small to medium-scope efforts.
- Update systems documentation.
- Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. May assist in the preparation of logic flowcharts
- Prepare assessments and task plans to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for assignments.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Provide consultation services to clients, technicians and Bank departments on basic functions of supported applications, including review of system capabilities, operational procedures, forms, marketing materials and cost analyses.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Associate's degree or 2 years' related work experience
Knowledge of the system development life cycle and application development alternatives
Experience with development tools, application support software and hardware platforms
General understanding of personal computers
Working knowledge of pertinent word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Prior experience learning new technical skills
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with prior experience presenting to the target audience
Proven interpersonal skills
Sound judgment skills
Proven analytical skills
Proven organizational and time management skills
Prior experience handling multiple tasks in support of various assignments
Education and Experience Preferred:
Basic project management skills
Successful completion of a Bank approved skills development program
1 year involvement in systems analysis and application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Possess broad understanding of the business unit's role and how they fit into the organization
General knowledge of the Bank's application framework