At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer Lead within PNC's Retail MIS Core Banking organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH. This position will focus on the below technology
- CICS: Hands on skills required.
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Programming using .CMD or .BAT files
- Scheduling using CA7
- Leads in the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Directs business assessment and requirements analysis processes, for the development of hardware and operating systems .
- Analyses features such as feasibility, associated costs, time, and the compatibility of new programs with existing programs, and hardware. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved .
- Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of application solutions .
- Performs complex application programming activities including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying complex applications programs .
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Design, Architecture - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Packaged Application Integration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Product and Vendor Evaluation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Technical Troubleshooting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.