As a Software Engineer Lead (JAVA / J2EE) , within PNC's Shared Services Organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Strongsville, OH or otherlocations within PNC's footprint. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC’s reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development (Java based systems) for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners.
You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs. You may also modify databases, client reports, internal reports, and online presentations.
- Design, develop and consume scalable enterprise RESTful web services.
- Work with UX Designers, Web and Mobile Developers to implement back-end services for web and mobile applications.
- Work as part of an agile team on leading edge technologies.
- Responsible for generating web services and data models to support an omni-channelexperience in a secure system.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
- Expert and thorough understanding of Java development
- Professional experience with planning, designing, developing, and deploying production applications (multiple platforms experiencepreferred).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams.
- Experience designing, coding and deploying server side systems for commercial mobile or web based applications
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with server side Java using Spring or other lightweight frameworks
- Understanding of MVC, MVP, MVVM
- Understanding of document description languages such as: JSON and XML
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server and use of Hibernat
- Leads in the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Directs business assessment and requirements analysis processes, for the development of hardware and operating systems .
- Analyses features such as feasibility, associated costs, time, and the compatibility of new programs with existing programs, and hardware. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved .
- Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of application solutions .
- Performs complex application programming activities including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying complex applications programs .
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Design, Architecture - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Packaged Application Integration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Product and Vendor Evaluation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Technical Troubleshooting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
286520BR e, ORMs