$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
I. General Summary
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Plans, conducts, and supervises the gathering and analysis of prospective user needs for the development and modification of information systems. Works closely withusers to define objectives and outputs of proposed applications in accordance with divisional standards. Conducts or participates in feasibility studies to determine themost appropriate technical solutions for proposed requirements. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Makes recommendations.
2. Prepares and validates complex systems and validates flow charts to describe existing and proposed applications. Prepares accurate and complete technical specifications, such as schema or file specifications, program specifications, backup and recovery controls as necessary for all development efforts.
3. Leads development of prototypical systems or system components to demonstrate technical feasibility. Prototype construction may include the new utilization ofhardware and software development tools and techniques.
4. Develops highly complex software in a variety of environments and platforms to address stated system goals and needs. Resultant software should conform to accepted standards for robustness, re-usability, modularity, efficiency, etc. Software development efforts should result in defect free applications.
5. Leads the development of application testing and conversion plans. Participates in hardware and software evaluation efforts related to the purchase or utilization of new hardware, new systems, and new system or application development software.
6. Develops or modifies highly complex or technically advanced application enhancements in accordance with accepted protocols and standards. Prepares accurate and complete technical specifications, such as schema or file specifications, program specifications, backup and recovery controls as necessary for all development efforts.
7. Leads the development of software in a variety of environments and platforms to address stated department goals and needs. Resultant software should conform toaccepted standards for robustness, re-usability, modularity, efficiency, etc. Software development efforts should result in defect free systems.
8. Leads project planning and management efforts related to issues and concerns. Estimates software development efforts based on high level specifications and/or logical system design. Provides technical expertise as required. Recommends and implements technical training requirements for the development of junior staff members. Responsible for issue reporting, tracking, analysis, and follow-up.
9. Performs and supervises necessary research and development activities to incorporate new and useful technology and software engineering techniques or practices into practical use within the department and UMMS.
10. Consults internally within the department and externally within UMMS on various complex system projects and information system efforts.
11. Provides complex application support and guidance to end users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel. Serves as point of contact for resolution of complex application problems. Able to quickly assess problems and identify resolutions.
12. Reviews issues such as quality assurance, software development techniques and methods, network utilization and implementation and provides recommendations tomanagement.
13. Conducts and/or participates in in-service and various educational programs for professional development. Orients, mentors, and transfers knowledge to staff.
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience is required. Masters in related field preferred. Additional certifications may be required.
2. Seven years progressively responsible experience in information systems, including five years programming or systems analysis, or equivalent related experience is required. Previous experience in leading a project and/or team preferred.
3. Certification in Service Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis desired.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14