Aviall, a Boeing company is the world's largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Aviall prides itself in having an open performancebased culture throughout the organization. We offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, and provides hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities that serves as the springboard for a successful career. We are also very proud to consistently receive outstanding awards for our diversity and recruitment efforts including the Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers. Come join our talented world class team and thrive in a dynamic and supportive culture.
Designs, develops, and implements applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing. Resolves technical issues through analysis, debugging, research, and investigation. Prepares program specifications and diagrams, develops coding logic flowcharts. Prepares functional and technical specifications for solutions, enhancements and system implementations. Recommends solutions and provides technical knowledge and expertise of specific software and languages.
- Carries out complicated mainstream application development and provides a support resource. Designs complex parts of a system.
- Undertakes programming, analysis, and testing tasks, working within a team.
- Development experience with EDI/B2B/ ecommerce technologies and methodologies to include the following specific skills:
- Business to Business, platform-to-platform and EDI Trading Partner Integration development utilizing Sterling Integrator BPML, Mapping, Unix Script, FTP Communications scripting and FTP over secure HTTP.
- Sterling Integrator Mapping, Business Process Development, SAP Adapters, AS2, FTP, sFTP
- Strong SAP skills to support SD, MM interface mapping and processes. Strong iDoc structure knowledge.
- Familiarity and hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 11g, 12c
- Experience with a IBM/Sterling Commerce Tool such as GIS(Gentran Integration Suite) or SI(Sterling Integrator). Will also consider someone with strong Gentran NT or Gentran Unix experience (AI Mapper)
- Database Administration skills and strong database SQL experience with views, indexes, stored procedures and databasereport writing utilizing common databasereporting tools such as Microsoft Access or Crystal Reports.
- Hands on experience and understanding of database schemas, joins and Access Forms development.
- concise business integration requirements resulting in the ability to suggest and support the best technological approach by integration project.
- Strong ability to document; through flow charting and Visio diagrams, the approved software solution from design phase through to the delivery of the final code into production; following the Software Delivery Life Cycle methodology.
- Strong programming skills, to include the ability to analyze, debug and document SI Processes.
- Weekend support rotation may be needed
- e-Business Technical Implementation through software integration development, scripting and commercial integration tools
- e-Business Transport software development, administration and maintenance
- Technical Support and integration of e-Business Exchange Servers
- Technical Interfacing with Customers and Vendors
- The EDI Sterling Integrator (formerly known as GIS) resource will responsible to map EDI transactions and business processes to SAP.
- The end result will be high quality e-business exchange systems with AVIALL's customers and suppliers. The resource may also be responsible for the SI upgrade and other EDI related workflow upgrade on SAP that will require support.
- The EDI SI/GIS resource will be responsible for programming and development of new EDI/B2B trading partner implementations as well as ongoing day-to-day maintenance of production EDI/B2B systems.
- Experience with the following areas are preferred:
- Hands on mapping experience with various ANSI X12 transactions such as 810, 820, 850, 855 and 856 transactions.
- SPEC2000 experience and exposure.
- AI Mapper (Sterling Commerce), Gentran Server UNIX, Mapping, Sterling Integrator
- MQ Series or similar Middleware technology exposure.
- Participates in applications development by gathering information, performing assessments and analysis, and eliciting the details of user requirements in discussion with users.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Very knowledgeable of the job and/or industry. Acquiring advanced concepts and skills.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 4 to 6 years related experience
- Master’s degree in related field