As an Application Developer for the Reference Labs, you will build computer applications to meet business informational needs and requirements. You will design, code, test, debug and document programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. In addition, you will support and troubleshoot existing applications, evaluate and analyze business requirements for new systems and system changes.
This will be a remote position and can be done in any geography.
What you will be doing:
- Develops program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
- Codes programs using Java/Python languages as appropriate.
- Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
- Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
- Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
- Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Familiarity with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented design.
- Experience with Java, Visual Basic, Python, Snowflake
- Familiarity with applications development process.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies as required by associated development team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences (both as a speaker and listener).
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals health and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement. Let’s pursue what matters together!