IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.
The Application Developer is responsible for the following:
- Prepare the tech design documents from functional design document.
- Prepare AID on new enhancement taken up.
- Develop PeopleSoft customized or Bolt on program based on tech design.
- Conduct Unit testing of all developed items and maintain all kinds of documents e.g. TDD, Unit Test, Effort Estimation etc.
- Interact with the offshore team on daily basis on current issues/development items.
- Interact with client to get the requirement on new enhancements which are coming up and provide a daily status to client regarding on going defects.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC
- Recommend new coding techniques to ensure quality and usability
- Perform code reviews and recommend improvements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ Years of experience in Psft Development Tools (Process Scheduler, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Batch Processing, Data Mover)
- 7+ Years of experience in Psft Modules (HCM, FSCM)
- 7+ Years of experience in one or more programming languages (Peoplecode, SQR, ASP, HTML, Cobol)
- 7+ Years of experience with one or more databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 9+ Years of experience in Psft Development Tools (Process Scheduler, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Batch Processing, Data Mover)
- 9+ Years of experience in Psft Modules (HCM, FSCM)
- 9+ Years of experience in one or more programming languages (Peoplecode, SQR, ASP, HTML, Cobol)
- 9+ Years of experience with one or more databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)