The selected candidate will join our Functional Applications developers within the IT division at the Kansas City National Security Campus focusing on the Supply Chain Management Center. The members on this team lead/implement moderately complex or enterprise critical projects that require expertise in one or more technical environments or disciplines. This position will work in tandem with other developers in providing application programming development and support in replacing the existing Ariba Analysis and Sourcing software package. Responsibilities will include performing application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancements for multiple, concurrent technical projects and/or support efforts. The successful candidate must be a team player with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
This position can work remotely anywhere in the Continental United States.
Summary of Key Duties:
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and works closely with Technical Review Board and architects to assure all systems are in line with IT long-term strategy.
- Assists in developing buy vs. build recommendations, including advising on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
- Proactively analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements and may lead the evaluation and selection process for new application packages.
- Identifies system requirements; develops application specifications, conversion and migration designs; supports maintenance of applications, as needed.
- Establishes liaison relationship with business partner and/or suppliers in order to provide technical solutions through the analysis of business workflows and an understanding of business needs.
- Assesses customer needs to determine alignment of unit/corporation business needs and the impact on business processes to establish strategic priorities. Advises customer(s) on options, risks and cost vs benefits
- Defines, develops or modifies application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined software development processes and makes modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Identifies better sources of data feeds and interfaces with architects to ensure its feasibility with corporate data warehouse, when needed.
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with application architecture standards and conducts unit testing of application modules to ensure application meets specifications.
- May assist in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development /integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features.
- Provides Tier III (integration) support.
- Provides technical guidance or business process expertise and technical leadership to team members.
- Other Duties as Assigned
You Must Have:
- US citizenship needed in order to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or IT related field.
- Four (4) or more years' experienceworking within programming frameworks (.NET or Java) learning commercial off the shelf (COTS) software, extending functionality to meet emerging business needs., to include Two (2) or more years' experienceworking with Oracle or SQL Server databases.
- Two (2) or more years' experienceworking within Single Page Application frameworks (e.g. Angular, React).
- Ariba Upstream experience for supply chain management preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of portal/content management technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of version control such as Subversion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of two factor authentication protocols (SAML2, OpenID Connect).
- Demonstrated knowledge of big data or Business Intelligence (BI) tools (Denodo, MicroStrategy).
- Demonstrated experience managing applications in Windows Server/UNIX environments.
Application supportCollaborating with stakeholdersProvide technical supportOther Duties as assigned Must be a US Citizen due tocontractual requirements. Exempt
- Continued Professional Development