Summary of Duties: The Application Developer develops database and other applications to support the needs of the division and affiliated facilities. The position is responsible for ascertaining business requirements from business users and incorporating those requirements into applications that meet the defined needs. The position is also responsible for assisting the Director of Application Services with other duties as assigned including maintenance and support of ongoing applications.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and other applications.
- Documents technical requirements by working with the Lead Application Developer or business users.
- Completes application development tasks assigned according to project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles and status.
- Assists in developing prototypes/models and determining data sources (if applicable).
- Follows industry technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
- Executes application testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
- Coordinates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate).
- Creates and maintains application documentation.
- Assists in analyzing and executing change requests and enhancements.
- Resolves application issues as needed.
- Develops or follows appropriate change management controls to mitigate operational and financialrisks.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Provides technical guidance to business users.
- Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
- Creates programming project plan, estimate tasks and hours to complete.
- Performs routine application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
- Trains service desk staff to support developed applications and provides second level support for those applications.
- Participates as needed in the enterprise development community.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organization – Follows industry development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written) at the appropriate level for the business users.
- Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Tactical execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
- Familiarity with report writing concepts, objects, and functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Information Systems or related degreepreferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Minimum 2 years Information Technologyexperience including database and other application design. Prior DBA experience beneficial.
- Experience with HCA systems preferred.
Job Code: 25324-12984