Position emphasis is on service tier development with C#, WCF and middle tier data access with ADO and service API development. Plusses include experience with XML/XML schema, ADO, and strong object oriented design and development skills.
Solid web UI development experience with .Net ASP/MVC is a plus.
Specific Services Required to
- Develop software in compliance with the CJIS Architecture Standards and Methodologies.
- Acquire detailed knowledge of vendors' software and systems to facilitate troubleshooting, tracking and resolving of application and system related issues.
- Document design and code structures in accordance with the SDM.
- Design applications in accordance with CJIS Architecture Standards
- Map application design components to a Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Participate in conducting code and peer reviews of developed software
- Develop and execute Unit Test plans.
- Participate in the development and execution of System Integration test plans.
- Assist in the development and execution of User Acceptance test plans.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Release Strategy and plan.
- Participate in the creation, execution and maintenance of the Restoral/Recovery Plan.
- Participate in the support of application version control, software libraries, and documentation.
- Responsible for loading and migrating new software builds across environments.
- Identify defects and reporting of them into the defect management tool.
- Responsible and/or contribute to the coordination of software defect remediation.
- Design, execute, and maintain Performance test cases and scenarios.
- Develop performance test metrics and Test Summary Reports
- Creating Request for Service (RFS) tickets for DAS-BEST, Department ofInformation Technology Service Area as needed for development and support issues.
- Knowledgeable on all facets of SDM and assist the CJIS team with SDM compliance activities.
- Fulfill the State of Connecticut System Development Methodology Developer duties.
- Fosters cooperation and coordination among the various Criminal Justice Stakeholders within State of Connecticut and Local Government agencies.
- Adheres to Connecticut Enterprise ArchitectureTechnologyArchitecture (CTEA?TA), Global Justice Reference Architecture (JRA), National Information Exchange Model (NIEM), and other relevant criminal justice industry standards adopted by the CJIS group.
- Participates in review activities ensuring application compliance with the CJIS and CTEA-TA architecture.
- Provides technical consultation to the agencies' and vendors' technology teams.
- Participates in Technical Review Board (TRB) design reviews.
- Contributes to Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity Planning.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Enterprise Technology Manager, or Project Manager.
The individual who fills this position should have solid Software Development background with the skills and the abilities to foster and ensure cooperation and coordination among the various CJIS partners. The skills required for this position are:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology , 5-7years minimum experience programming in a 3rd generation languages and knowledge of software design patterns
- Expert in XML
- Expert with .Net (C# preferred)
- Expert with SOA technologies (WCF preferred)
- Knowledge of NIEM / LEXS XML Standards
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus architecture (Software AG, WebMethods) a plus