UFG is looking for an Application Developer to join our team. This position requires a critical thinker with strong technical skills who can thrive in a constantly changing environment. The successful applicant will play a critical role in the review, design, development, and modification of applications as well as integrations between existing and newly purchased systems.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to start their career!
- Develop and maintain applications that meet defined requirements and business specifications.
- Consult with project managers, team members and users to evaluate business needs.
- Effectively communicate the advantages and constraints of the application environment and recommend appropriate solutions that will meet or exceed the expectations of the end user and business users.
- Design, develop and test code that performs efficiently and meets or exceeds performance standards.
- Keep current in new technologies and technical aptitude.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with .Net framework, C#, modern front end technologies, REST and SOAP, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Mulesoft and Java is a plus.
- Experience with Git/GitHub/pull request workflow.
- Experience with continuous integration environments.
- Knowledge automated testing, both front end and backend.
- Willingness to work on both new product development and legacy support.
- Comfortable collaborating with teams based in multiple locations and mentoring junior team members.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to describe complex, highly technical issues using simple, clear, and precise language.
- Fast learner with a desire to grow your skill set on a continual basis.
- Experience with insurance industry and common insurance software suites is a plus, but not required.