The Application Developer is a position in the Risk and Regulatory group that is responsible to develop risk systems to provide the business partner the capability to effectively manage the risks and regulatory needs. Through the use of state of the art technologies, we build systems to be compliant with various local and global Regulatory agencies. With the shifting change in the business demand due to ever growing amount of data as well as processing speed, the technology landscape is also evolving very rapidly. To meet that business and technology demand, we’re looking for a dynamic hands on development lead who is highly experienced in the full stack software development with clear concept in software development technologies and can translate that into business solution.
Educational qualification: Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with minimum 4 years of full stack software development and leading experience.
General Soft skill set:
- Having the Agile development mindset
- Challenge taker and independent thinker
- Dynamic and ability to self-propel with initiative
- Ability to work in team setting and be a team player
- Ability to work in multiple projects with varying priorities
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Owners mindset
General technical traits:
- Always looking for better technologies to improve the software solutions and delivery
- Ability to translate the business need into technical solution
- Conceptually sound with the underlying designs principles behind the technologies. E.g. OOP vs Java, No-SQL database vs. Cassandra, RDBMS vs. Oracle, Map Reduce vs. Hadoop, etc.
- Having questioning mindset and challenge the solution and technological status-quo
- Full stack application development in JEE
- Big Data expertise – Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie, NoSQL (HBase/Cassandra), etc.
- Expertise in Webservice (RESTful).
- Expertise in Database (Oracle database, ERD, Normalization, performance tuning, SQL, PL/SQL).
- OLTP and OLAP skills.
- Software Design concept: OOA, Design Pattern and UML
- Expertise in Software Design Pattern.
- Ability to lead development (Agile/non-Agile Iterative development).
- Expertise in Agile development.
- Challenge taker and independent thinker.
- Knowledge in implementing Financial Regulatory systems is preferable.
- Having versatile experience in various development platform is a plus.
- Understanding the concept of Distributed computing, Cloud computing, Parallel Processing, Machine Learning, etc.
You will be responsible to:
- Hands on Design, Develop, Implementation of software solutions using Java, Oracle, Unix, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Lead the development to create business value through systems development of Model Development and Execution platform for SAS/R/Matlab models on a Big Data Platform (Hadoop/Hive/Impala/Spark/Oozie/etc.).
- Provide L4 level support in the team.