Franklin Electric is seeking an Application Developer to be part of our team that designs and builds customer-facing, web and mobile solutions. If you enjoy developing innovative and engaging customer experiences, we'd love to chat with you!
Application Developer designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents custom applications and integrations. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. Works with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software Development
- Designs and codes applications/integrations to support business requirements.
- Completes necessary testing to insure applications/integrations are completed with high quality.
- Completes documentation describing the functionality of the application/integration from a technical perspective.
- Provides accurate estimates of the time required to complete development tasks.
- Follows policies and procedures related to application methods and quality standards.
- Service Operation
- Responds to internal customers to resolve issues with custom applications.
- Provides technical support for custom applications and integrations used by Franklin Electric customers and employees across all business functions.
- Occasionally provides off-hours support on evenings and weekends and participates in an on-call rotation as needed.
- Must maintain or exceed Service Level Agreements for Incident Resolution. This will be measured based on Incident Duration for the team.
- Project Management
- Participates as a resource on project led by others.
- Completes assigned project tasks on time and with high quality.
Skills and Abilities
- Coding -- Designs, codes, debugs and documents software applications/integrations to deliver business outcomes.
- Communication -- Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages orally and/or in writing.
- Problem Solving -- Uses a logical, systematic search for the source of a problem, determining the most likely cause by eliminating potential causes of a problem. Possesses the ability to understand the business domain and design solutions using Domain Driven Design (DDD) principles.
- Decision Making -- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares alternatives and makes timely decisions.
- Meeting Facilitation -- Plans and facilitates meetings of IT teammates, internal customers, or technology suppliers to share information and/or make collaborative decisions.
- Requirements Definition -- Elicits and documents a clear, concise and agreed set of internal development or architectural requirements.
- Testing -- Plans and facilitates validation activities to ensure a technology solution meets defined requirements. Proficient in Test Driven Development (TDD) practices for automated testing of domain logic and user interfaces.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, related degree, or equivalent work experience (preferred).
- Five years of related experience (required).
- Familiarity with pipelines in Azure DevOps for on-premises and cloud delivery.