In your role as an Application Developer you will support Genworth's top strategic priority. The person selected will assist the Long Term Care Solutions team with implementing complex business concepts into software. There are opportunities to participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle. The individual needs to be proficient in providing technical mainframe support for large applications. The primary role will be supporting multiple application changes involving extensive cross-functional interaction with Business Partners and other IT teams. Position reports to the In Force Management Implementation Leader.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents moderately complex programs.
- Creates right-sized documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Within an Agile framework, designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Ensures programs meet desired user stories, coding standards, and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Gathers information from user stories and existing systems to analyze program and time requirements.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Assists support and/or project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- Develops unit test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Conducts peer reviews and design walkthrough of solutions.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- 4-year college degree or relevant equivalent experience
- 3+ years of strong mainframe (COBOL II) programming skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities
- Practical knowledge of LTC insurance products and premiums
- Working knowledge of CLOAS Policy Administration System
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- IMS database experience in an MVS and CICS environment
- SQL programming experience - Oracle
- 2-3 years of professional experience either in technology or insurance